This chicken traybake is packed with goodness, easy to make and saves on your washing up too!
Ingredients (serves 4)
4 free range organic chicken thighs/legs
2 small sweet potatoes, chopped
2 red peppers, chopped
1 red onion, roughly chopped into large wedges
3 garlic cloves, crushed
3 bay leaves, finely chopped
6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
3 tsp capers
70g pitted olives
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper
Chicken Traybake Method
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Place the chicken thighs on a large baking sheet with the sweet potato, peppers, onion, and garlic.
- Chop the thyme and bay leaves and add to the chicken with the sun dried tomatoes, capers and olives.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar and olive oil, season with sea salt and black pepper and toss all the ingredients together. Spread the ingredients out on the tray, making sure the chicken is not covered by the vegetables and bake for 35-45 minutes until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
- To serve, add the chopped basil and parsley and serve with steamed greens, or a side salad.