250g cooked beetroot (about 3 medium beetroot)
3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
3 tbsp cacao powder
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of sea salt
75g spelt flour
75g ground almonds
1 tsp vanilla extract (not essence)
- Preheat your oven to 180C (fan) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the beetroot in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Cream the butter and honey together and add the eggs, one at a time.
- Fold in the flour, ground almonds, cacao, salt and baking powder.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Mix the beetroot into the mixture.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Pour the mixture into your baking tray and bake for 20minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.