This has got to be one of the tastiest soups ever! The addition of coconut milk, lime and Thai spices make it extra special.
Recipe from The Vital Nutrition Cookbook
Ingredients (serves 6)
1 medium butternut squash
1 tsp coconut oil
1 onion, chopped
1-2 dsp Thai red curry paste
2 sticks celery
75g red lentils
600ml vegetable stock
1 tin coconut milk
1 inch root ginger, peeled and grated (about 1 tsp)
A handful of fresh coriander
1 lime – juice and zest
- Peel and quarter the butternut squash. Scoop out the seeds and cut into chunks.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy based pan with a lid and cook the onion until translucent.
- Stir in the curry paste before adding the butternut squash, celery and lentils. Stir well to coat the vegetables and lentils.
- Add the stock, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the lentils are tender and the squash has softened. Take off the heat.
- Stir in the coconut milk, ginger, coriander and lime juice and zest.
- Blitz in your blender until smooth and reheat if necessary.