Detox, Clean Eating and January Diets
January is almost at an end and by now most of us have forgotten about our good intentions and New Year’s resolutions of detox, clean eating and January diets! If you are still hanging in there, keep going, but if you need a helping hand, then here are a few simple ideas to help you kick-start a clean eating diet.
- Eat clean – instead of focusing on what you can’t eat, switch your mindset so that you focus on the positive. Eat food that nourishes your body and makes you feel good.
- Think short term. A ten day clean eating plan will get you focused on eating well and kick-start some healthy new habits.
- Eat more vegetables than fruit and eat up your greens. Green leafy veg like kale, cabbage, broccoli, and rocket are super foods.
- Cut the crap – sugar, refined carbs, artificial food chemicals and processed food take dull, bland and cloying when you eat well, so cut them out of your diet and you will soon start to enjoy real food.
- For 10 days, avoid common foods that people tend to be sensitive to – wheat, dairy, citrus fruit and soya are common culprits. This is also a great way to add variety to your diet as you explore the alternatives.
A sample menu from Vital Nutrition’s Ten Day Detox:
Overnight oats with chia, apple and cinnamon
Kale, apple and feta salad
Courgette noodles with salsa verde and herb baked cod.
If you like the sound of this, why not check out our next online course, starting on Wednesday