Healthy Eating Made Simple
Are you the kind of person who welcomes the change of seasons with a spring in your step and determination to become a happier, healthier, better version of yourself, or do you want to cuddle under the duvet and forget winter is on the way? Whichever describes you, everyone can benefit from our tips on ‘healthy eating made simple’.
Here are some simple ideas from Vital Nutrition to help healthy eating a simple lifestyle choice for you:
- Declutter your fridge, clear out your cupboards and get organised. If you have a well-organised kitchen with a few key essentials, it will make this healthy eating lark so much easier.
- Eat more, not less! Forget counting calories, sins or points. Life is too short! Instead, eat more! More good quality, healthy, nourishing food. More vegetables, nuts, seeds, pulses, fish, salads, herbs…and forget the outdated idea of calorie counting.
- Start enjoying food again. Take time to sit down, relax and enjoy your meals and you will find you feel more satisfied by eating well.
- Make a shopping list and hit the shops. Think about what you are going to need over the next 3 or 4 days so you are prepared for breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
- Spend one hour a week batch cooking – maybe spend Saturday morning or Sunday afternoon preparing for the week ahead. Make up some soups, a big pot of curry or a tasty tagine so you make something nutritious and delicious to eat mid-week. Make in bulk and freeze in portion sizes.