A great recipe from Jamie Oliver’s 15 minute cookbook. Great for a fast dinner that all the family will enjoy.
For the burgers:
- 1 big bunch coriander
- 1 x 400g tin of mixed beans
- 200g frozen broad beans
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 lemon
- 1 heaped tblsp plain flour (or use gluten free flour/buckwheat flour)
- olive oil (or rapeseed oil)
For the slaw:
- 1/2 small white and red cabbage
- 1/2 red onion
- 4 heaped tblsp fat-free natural yoghurt
- 1 heaped tsp wholegrain mustard
- Put the coriander stalks in your food processor (reserving the leaves), then drain the mixed beans and add, along with the broad beans, a pinch of salt & pepper, the cayenne, cumin, coriander, grated lemon zest and flour.
- Whiz until fine & combined, scraping down the sides of the processor if needed.
- Tip the mixture onto a generously flour-dusted board, divide into 4 pieces, then roll each piece into a ball and flatten into a patty about 2.5cm thick, dusting your hands and the burgers with flour as you go.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of olive or rapeseed oil into the frying pan, followed by the burgers, pressing them down with a fish slice & flipping them when golden.
- Swap to grater in the processor, then grate the cabbage and peeled onion and tip into a bowl.
- Chop the coriander leaves and add, with the yoghurt, mustard and the juice of the zested lemon, then toss and season to taste.
Vital Nutrition suggests… Use leftovers for lunch – these happy Cow Burgers are delicious hot or cold. Serve with a great big green salad and a dollop of houmous.