Recipe from The Vital Nutrition Cookbook.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 500g prawns (fresh or frozen)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tin coconut milk
- Generous handful of fresh coriander
- 1 dsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, grated
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp root ginger, peeled and grated
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 6 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- ½ head of broccoli, chopped into small florets
- Sea salt
Serve with brown basmati rice or quinoa.
- Put the prawns in a non-metallic dish, add the lemon juice and allow to marinate.
- Blitz the coconut milk and coriander in a blender or food processor.
- Heat the coconut oil in a heavy based pan and add the onion and garlic. Cook until translucent.
- Add the ginger, turmeric, cardamom, chilli and cinnamon stick. Cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the peppers and broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes before adding the prawns and stir-frying until cooked.
- Stir the coconut mix into the prawns and vegetables and gently simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with brown basmati rice or quinoa.