This is one of my favourite lunches. It is so quick and easy and will do 2 or 3 day’s lunches.
Recipe from The Vital Nutrition Cookbook.
- 250g ready cooked quinoa
- A handful of sunflower and/or pumpkin seeds
- 3 or 4 spring onions, very finely chopped
- Small carrot, grated
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6-8 sunblush tomatoes, chopped
- ½ chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed
- 100g feta cheese, cubed
- A handful of fresh coriander, basil or flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 6 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Place the ready cooked quinoa into a large bowl and separate out the grains with a fork.
- Place the seeds in a dry frying pan and heat gently until golden. Be careful not to burn them.
- Add the seeds to the quinoa.
- Add all prepared ingredients and mix gently.
- Season well.