I am often asked for a good sauce recipe to have with fish – this is one of my favourites. You can easily adapt the ingredients to taste, as you like.
Recipe from The Vital Nutrition Cookbook.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the salsa verde:
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- Generous handful of parsley, basil and tarragon
- 2 tsp capers
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 or 5 marinated anchovies
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2-3 tblsp olive
- Black pepper
For the salmon
- 2 wild salmon fillets
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Place all the ingredients for the salsa verde in your blender and blitz to make a smooth sauce. You can add a little extra oil and/or lemon juice if it gets a bit sticky in your blender. Season to taste.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Cook the salmon, skin side down for 10-12 minutes until cooked through. Turn over and cook for another minute.