This recipe is quick to throw together for a really tasty dinner, or a quick lunch.
Recipe from The Vital Nutrition Cookbook.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the sauce
- 1 tblsp peanut butter
- 1 lime – zest and juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 inch root ginger, grated
- Dash of tamari or soya sauce
- 1 dsp nam pla (fish sauce) (optional)
- 1 tblsp natural yoghurt
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves
For the Stir-fry
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 400g firm tofu or a large chicken breast
- Wholemeal or buckwheat noodles
- 1 red, orange or green pepper, chopped
- ½ a head of broccoli cut into florets
- 1 carrot, sliced into strips
- ½ leek, sliced
- Blitz the sauce ingredients in your blender or food processor, adding a little water to thin the sauce to your preferred consistency. You can add more water at the cooking stage if necessary.
- Put a little coconut oil in your wok and heat gently until melted.
- Add the tofu, prawns or chicken to the wok and stir-fry until cooked, or the tofu is slightly golden.
- Meanwhile cook your noodles according to the pack instructions.
- Add the vegetables to your wok and keep on stir-frying. You want them nice and crunchy, so just a few minutes will do.
- Add the sauce and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes. Add more water at this stage if you need to.
- Add the noodles to your wok and mix all the ingredients well.