Vital Nutrition’s Jane McClenaghan is known for her down-to-earth, practical approach to healthy eating. Jane works with schools all over Northern Ireland to help inspire and empower young people to make positive changes for the good of their health.
Childhood obesity has doubled over the last 15 years, and almost 1 in 5 children are overweight by the time they start primary school.
Informing children and young people about where food comes from, the importance of eating well and injecting a passion for health and wellbeing at a young age is essential for the health of future generations.
As part of our holistic approach, we can tailor a programme to provide nutritional support for teachers, support staff and pupils.
Some of the services we can offer your school:
- Practical nutrition workshops and seminars
- Cookery demonstrations
- Healthy canteen audits
- One-to-one consultations for teachers & support staff
- Keynote speaker for conferences and events
- Interactive and engaging exhibition stands
- Healthy goody bags and incentives to encourage positive change
Vital Nutrition’s workshops cater for all age groups from nursery school children to secondary students and staff: