This is a really simple recipe that is a taste sensation. Packed full of protein and essential fats, it’s a nutritional hit too.
Recipe from The Vital Nutrition Cookbook.
- 1 pack of smoked, peppered mackerel fillets
- 3-4 tblsp of cottage cheese
- 2 tsp horseradish sauce
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- Remove the skin from the mackerel. Place in a large bowl or food processor.
- Add the cottage cheese, horseradish sauce and lemon juice and zest and mash with a fork or blitz in your food processor until you have your preferred consistency.
- Serve on oatcakes for a tasty snack or quick lunch.