- 40g/1½ butter
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4tsp cumin seeds
- ½ sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 250ml/9fl oz water, boiling
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tbsp yoghurt
- Melt the butter in the pan and add the onion and garlic and soften.
- Place the cumin seeds in a pan and dry fry then for 2 to 3 minutes until they release their aroma.
- Add the cumin seeds to the soup.
- Add the potato and water with the chicken stock cube and stir.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft.
- Transfer to a blender and purée.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt