Inspired by Domini Kemp and The Hemsley sisters. This is a good carb-free bread for lunches or snacks.
- 50g hemp seed (you can also use linseed or sunflower seeds)
- 50g butter or coconut oil
- zest and juice of 1 lemon (or 2 tblsp cider vinegar)
- 1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- (optional – thyme, rosemary, caraway, fennel seeds)
Pre-heat your oven to 170C (fan) and line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
Place all the ingredients in a food processor with 100ml water and mix well. Pour into the lined tin and smooth out the top. Bake for about 45minutes until springy. Allow to cook on a wire rack before slicing.